Who we are
A relational network of Middle Eastern nationals and internationals working in various spheres of ministry with a regional or Kingdom vision of the Middle East that is best outlined in Isaiah’s vision of a highway in Isaiah 19:23-25:
In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing[a] on the earth. The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.” (NIV)
Where we are going
“At the Crossroads/Derech Avraham (Abraham’s Journey) Initiative” brings Muslim background believers in Jesus, Messianic Jews and internationals working on the ground in the Middle East together for the specific purpose of encouraging believing communities beyond the strategy of survival and the nationalist church mentality to a view of the region that reflects the Isaiah 19 Highway and the Kingdom of God.
Our goal is to facilitate a reunion of Isaac & Ishmael – the nations of the Middle East – that will build a highway to bless the nations.
How we are going to get there
During our gathering in 2012, we believe The Lord led us to commit ourselves to a number of resolutions that would be a road map for the expansion of God’s Kingdom in the Middle East.
- Gathering together both nationals and internationals from around the Middle East who work on the ground in different spheres of ministry (Discipleship and Church Planting, Social Justice, Relief and Mercy Ministries, the House of Prayer Movement) to worship, bless and encourage one another at very important historic places.
- Encourage and resource ongoing strategic initiatives (birthed out of the gatherings) in the region. (Example: Syrian refugees, helping to birth new church communities, discipleship and training programs, etc.)
- Mobilize the next generation for the Highway, helping them to understand their role, and encouraging them to take responsibility.
- Communicate to the nations that these three (Egypt, Assyria and Israel) are a blessing together on the earth so that they view the Middle East in light of God’s covenants, promises and prophetic plans.
- Recognizing that both the restoration of the Jewish people back to their ancient homeland together with the emergence of the Church in Asia (and specifically in China through the Back to Jerusalem Movement) represent two of the most significant spiritual movements of the last 100 years.
In order to be faithful to these priorities we meet together from year to year
- to worship and pray at the ancient gates of Jerusalem
- to meet at different points along the highway
- to strengthen the bonds of fellowship
- to explore more practically how together we can build a Highway
- to fulfill the Great Commission in our region by training and mobilizing disciples.
We have chosen Abraham as our model recognizing that we are called to follow his example obeying the voice of God and risking all to bless the nations.
The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” (Genesis 12:1-3 NIV)
Together with the promises spoken in Isaiah 19, we believe these blessings will only be realized when both sons of Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael, and those from around the Isaiah 19 region can join together in faith in the Messiah with others from around the Middle East and walk together in worship, reconciliation, and blessing.